850 million people worldwide are now estimated to have kidney disease. Chronic kidney disease (CKD) now causes at least 2.4 million deaths per year and is now the 6th fastest growing cause of death.
What do your kidneys do? They filter blood, help maintain blood pressure, help regulate the chemicals in your blood, remove wastes and extra fluid.
8 Ways To Keep Your Kidneys Healthy
- Keep fit and active
- Control your blood sugar
- Monitor your blood pressure
- Maintain a healthy fluid intake
- Do not smoke
- Eat healthy and keep your weight in check
- Do not take over the counter medications regularly
- Get your kidney function checked if you have any high risk factors (such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, family history of kidney disease)
Want more information?
Check out … https://www.worldkidneyday.org/